Saturday, February 17, 2007

More Warboard plans

After some debate, I'm seriously planning to reorganize my Operation Warboard forces to use a 1:1 ratio for infantry rather than the semi-1:3 ratio used by the original books. I think this will do two primary things for me:

1) Stop dithering over my platoons ending up with about 2/3 of their manpower being commanders, machine guns, and bazookas. This should bring things back into balance by restoring the actual force ratios inside a platoon.

2) Allow me to utilize a wider assortment of my figures than the regular Operation Warboard ratios do. I'll still dispense with cooks, clerks, etc. But I think even though it means fielding smaller sizes of forces, I'll be happier this way. And I've got enough of my primary combatants to still field nearly a company per side, plus accessory units.

No comments: