At least, I think it was Tuesday. It's been one of those busy weeks, days jumbling together. But I managed to get in some more painting time, and advance the figures further.
Step 5 (part 2) and Step 6:
As noted before, one stand of the infantry is ahead of the others in the process now. I first decided to deal with catching the others up, and wanted to try a different shade of blue. The figures on the right are this attempt, painted with Accent Country Colors 2446 "Indigo Blue". As you can see, it came out rather dark, so I decided to go back to the main blue for the remaining figures.
Meanwhile, the left stand in the picture is the one in step 5 in the previous post, and has progressed to step 6 with the painting of the blanket roll. I decided to aim for the oilskin look on this one, so I went with Delta Ceramcoat 02506 Black. The contrast with the brighter Navy Blue is subtle, but visible, and I rather like it. I think I'll try some other blanket roll colors, however, probably starting with a gray.
This second photo shows Step 5 as applied to the remaining infantry and the mounted officer. All of these have been painted with the same Navy Blue as the first one was in the last post, after my attempt at a darker blue. I may go back and paint the officer's hat to a darker color. Still debating that.
One thing I did fail to do, which I should have done in step 5, is to paint the base of the figures. That will be rolled into the next round. Painting the base at this stage makes it easier to put the dash of color on the boots later.